slider

9/3/14

Maggie Holmes Design Team: This...

Today, I wanted to share a layout where I combined some of Maggie's beautiful Styleboard papers with the new small embellishments in my shop!


This layout started with that small photo of my son and myself.  I printed it rather small, so I wasn't sure if this page would actually come together as I had conceptualized it.  After I printed my photo, I began randomly layering the Styleboard papers on my white background.  Since the black dot paper is a little bolder, I started with it on the bottom, followed by the "love this" text paper and then the mint green diagonal stripe.  I had originally layered my photo on top of the papers, but I felt like it kind of got lost there, so I layered on a soft piece of vellum and it made the photo pop right off of the page!  I love when that happens!


I added a piece of doily, some ruffled crepe paper, a tag and then popped on a small embellishment from my shop!  The embellishment is subtle, but that gold leaf sure does pop on the page!


I included a small title along the bottom left of my paper layers, as well as a few small labels.  My journaling is written vertically along the left side of my page, and then I stitched all the way around the outside to create a small, textured border. 

This page came together so easily and I love when that happens.  I love when I have a memory to tell and then I just do it (rather than thinking and thinking and thinking about it!!).

The small embellishments are currently out of stock (wow!!), but I am making some more, so I will let you all know when the shop is restocked!!



4 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous! Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! I also just recently played around with stitched down ruffled crepe paper and I love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty layout, this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, this is so precious....thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete