slider

10/16/14

12 on the Twelfth: October Pictures


I am oh so glad I've continued on with this project throughout this year.  I knew I would finish it (because I am OCD and once I start a project, book, idea, scarf....I can't quit it, even if I really want to)!  Capturing ONE day during each month has been so insightful and wonderful.  I've captured moments that I would probably overlook on a day-to-day basis.  I've pulled my big camera out and toted it around with me to get the "real" shots, those everyday moments.  I love watching the months and seasons change.  I love the way the photos change, but how they still stay so much the same.  

Here is a look at our 12 on the Twelfth photos from October 12th:


Thanks so much for joining me here on my little blog!  It really, truly means so much to me!!  If you happened to play along this month, feel free to link up in the comments below!  I'd love to take a look at your everyday!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love your aesthetic and particularly with project life. I need some advice as a mama- how do you choose which pictures to include?! I basically want to include every cute picture of my babies and my pages turn out very cluttered. I am doing monthly spreads so maybe that's why? But I'm not ready to commit to weekly spreads. Thanks for any insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely like you when my kids were babies!! I always had the hardest time trying to figure out which photos to choose, which usually meant that I didn't pick ANY because I was so overwhelmed. Over the years, I've come to realize that something is better than nothing....no just printing some out is better than not doing anything. When I do PL, I try to choose 9-11 photos and go from there. Some months I might have waaaaaay more spreads than normal, and some months I only have one. Anything is better than nothing!! Enjoy it and have fun!! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply- I was considering doing more than one spread for photo heavy months and not sticking to a hard and fast 'one spread per month' rule. Thanks!!! Something is better than nothing is my life mantra.

      Delete
  2. Like every month I followed your example and took 12 (actually more) Pictures.
    http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/141484-12-on-the-12-october

    ReplyDelete