slider

4/6/15

Creative Jumpstarts 13


Hello and happy Monday!!
Marcy and I are back this week to share a new Creative Jumpstarts challenge with you!!  This week we are switching back to a scrapbook recipe challenge!  As I've said before - these are my faves!  I love having a starting point (or a jumpstart!!) when it comes to creating a page.  

Here's the recipe for this challenge:
Striped patterned paper
Washi tape
Chipboard



I usually start by gathering my supplies and then printing out a photo (this photo is actually from our last photography challenge - black & white).  From there, I try to think of a few fun ways to use the recipe products.


For my page, I started with the striped piece of patterned paper as my base layer and then worked up from there.  Since the striped paper is pretty bold, I paired it with a few bold and neutral colors.  I always like to layer my photo on top of a neutral paper for some reason.  It feels more clean and cohesive when I layer bold-neutral-photo.  And I think it makes the photo pop from the page a little more. 


I had originally thought about creating an art journal page for this recipe, but after I created my base layers, I found that I really wanted that white space to balance out the bold black and pops of pink.  I utilized the extra space below my photo for some typed journaling and then finished with a few simple embellishments - washi tape, labels and a chipboard "A".

And that's my take on this recipe challenge!  It's a pretty simple and easy page overall, but I think the colors and the words really make it complete!

Ok!  So now it's YOUR turn to show up your take on this recipe challenge!  Pull out those stripes, washi and chipboard and get to work!  We can't wait to see what you create!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!




3 comments:

  1. I adore this - the bolder colours really suit your style. Perfection to my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the challenge - here's my take

    http://plywthpper.blogspot.com/2015/04/getting-started.html#.VTJaoJNSK8A

    ReplyDelete