slider

4/20/15

Creative Jumpstarts 14


Happy Monday, friends!
Today, Marcy and I have another fun Creative Jumpstarts to share with you!  We are switching back to pocket scrapping this week and our challenge for you is to incorporate some type of insert into your albums!


I decided to work in my March Project Life album for this challenge.  I had a bunch of extra photos from March that didn't make it into my pages, so I created a vellum envelope to store them.  I used one piece of vellum, folded in half to create my insert.  Before I folded and sewed the edges, I printed a few digital brushes onto the right hand side of my page.  I love the effect the brushes add, and I love being able to see through the vellum pages.


I kept my pocket super easy by just sewing the edges, punching holes and adding in my photos.  I thought about including a few extra embellishments to jazz it up, but similar is definitely easier these days!! 


And that's our challenge for you this week - create an insert in your Project Life albums! And if you don't do pocket scrapping, then try and incorporate some type of "insert" or envelope onto your project!  Have fun and happy creating!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I always print way too many photos and never quite know what to do with them. I'll be doing this that's for sure. Thank you for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple yet so effective and I love it!

    ReplyDelete